Sunday, April 12, 2009

Setback

It was interesting to notice the effects sugar had on my body the few times in those first five weeks I had some. I went to a family event one afternoon, and after eating small amounts of pasta and sauce I felt so dopey I didn't want to speak or move (the sauce had sugar in it, like most pre-made foods). Wow, so not worth it! A couple of other times I had just a tiny bit of candy, and got an instant headache. Once I even felt a buzz! Eye-opening!

Unfortunately, the worst was three weeks ago when I took a short vacation. I knew I would be eating in restaurants and in other people's homes, so I would have to compromise. But trying to get back on track has been an absolute bear! Just this week I'm finally "feeling" that the sugary things I'm tempted by don't even taste that good anymore. I made a first try at a natural sugar dessert today for Easter. After eating some of my pie (which tasted really good), the other things I tried really weren't appealing. I threw most of it away. Hurray!

So as of tonight, I "feel" able to re-start. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment